Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum bans

Posted in General

Whittall United (Grant) 13 May 2018, 10:58
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
I asked for facts based on your nonsense that the decline of forum use is down to the rules.
I have explained my reasons. It is this sort of attitude from moderators that doesn't make the forums a healthy place to be.
Why because we don't agree with you smiley

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 13 May 2018, 11:09
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
I asked for facts based on your nonsense that the decline of forum use is down to the rules.
I have explained my reasons. It is this sort of attitude from moderators that doesn't make the forums a healthy place to be.
There is often a condescending demeanor present.

Whittall United (Grant) 13 May 2018, 11:13
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
In your opinion.

I think the tone has been fine, but not everyone is the same, be boring if we were.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 13 May 2018, 11:15
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Come on now mate you are been over sensitive here just like many others because people don't agree. At the end of the day, we all have different opinions....personally, I'm a man and not a weasel....all this PC brigade stuff is absolutely laughable smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 May 2018, 11:32
There is one more thing which is Very relevant to the way the Forums are Moderated,
and that is the pressure that VM HQ are under from the company that currently owns ths game, to close the General Forum completely.
They feel, - and have made very clear more than once - that it adds nothing to the base point and enjoyment of the game, and that it is potentially a legal minefield should some of the comments that have been posted in the past be allowed to remain again.

In short, they have said that the last warning has been given.

So from our side of the coin we need to - as far as possible - restrain ourselves to appropriate comments, and when anyone cannot, or there is any doubt, the Mods do absolutely need to remain on top of things and remove quickly anything which breaks the rules.

If we want the General Forum to be here in the future we need to accept that this may result in "borderline issues" being dealt with now when previously they may have been allowed to develop out of hand.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 13 May 2018, 14:48
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
This has been happening for years. And the crew wonder why the user base has been exponentially declining over the last few years. Clueless and classless.
So the game losers it's users because of forum rules?
So it has nothing to do with how the game has changed over the years?

I agree, clueless and classless.
Both... that is a well known fact. Both the forums and the game have been in decline for several years. The forums used to be a thriving, bubbling area of ideas, debates and suggestions for improvement, however now it is just full of repeated topics, and nonsensical ideas.
Show me that fact where its down to forum rules?
How I meant to support this with quantitative data which is not available? I personally know several people who used to play because of the forums who have now quit. It is a shame as the forums were much more active and engaging a few years ago with thoughtful and respectful discussions, now you just get shot down for anything you say.
Don't claim it's a fact if you don't have anything to back it up then.
All it is, is your opinion on the matter.
You just stated yourself (on the post beneath this) that forum posts have declined - it really does not need any facts, as I said previously, there are no facts to be found.
Yes but the difference is Grant is not going around blaming the lack of forum usage in regard to the rules as in the decline.
My god, constant twisting and cherry-picking of my words. That is really not what I'm saying at all.

I've made my point; you've all made yours. But you're right, we're going round in circles because the issues are being skirted over. When points are brought up and then very thinly/not addressed, it means they get re-brought up to address them directly.

At the end of the day, if the rules can be changed to be more specific and less open to subjectivity, then why not?
If it that you want proof that this would have a positive effect then nothing will ever be changed in the game. You simply cannot quantifiably analyse that.

But I think we can put this to bed now.

Thank you to all the mods for joining the discussion - We all have the same objective: a better game.