Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum bans

Posted in General

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 10 May 2018, 12:10
This is a new account I'm playing on. I've been playing off and on since roughly.2012.

Once again, everything you said is steeped in the inability to try and see the other side of the argument.

Me telling you your logic is flawed may seem offensive to you, but it's just accurate. I explained why I said it, as using the "slippery slope" argument offers nothing to the discussion. It's based on complete conjecture. It's completely "adult" to tell you your logic is flawed when this is clearly a debate about who is or isn't correct about something. What would you prefer me to say? Undoubtably, that's the kind of comment that would be removed - and I'm saying that's ridiculous.

And there it is: "What you see as floored, has worked fine for many years, but as you seem to know better, please enlighten us all on your grasp of moderation, what sites do you moderate on?". This is what I'm referred to by "flawed logic". Because I'm not a moderator means I'm not allowed to criticise/ my opinion has no weight? I've never been a lot of things - I'm still allowed an opinion. Especially in this case, considering I pay for premium. I pay for a service, therefore I'm at liberty to give my opinion on how it's run.

I'm going to assume you're right that the poor forum activity is due to reduced numbers, as you say you know it for a fact. I'm not sure how you're able to quantify the impact of poor moderation. Please try and explain that a little more if you can.

Just unbelievable. You criticise my tone as not being adult, when I've made a completely understandable observation and said nothing rude; then you say "tell us how you would have the rules, you know because you know best."
Condescending, childish and adds nothing the argument. I did not frame my responses in this way.
Also, I already said the rules should be loosened to allow comments and threads considered to be slightly edgy. Don't remove every comment that might offend someone.

Maybe I will go to I/D, but is there any point? Probably not.

Obviously, you guys make the rules, and you guys decide how to enforce them or change them. So, you're clearly not going to do anything. So the forum will stay the same. Dead.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 May 2018, 12:39
So its fine for you to add underhand comments?

Your opinion on my logic is just that, an opinion, its not accurate at all.

Lets not play that card "everything you said is steeped in the inability to try and see the other side of the argument."
Ive been on the other side, I havent always been a moderator, ive even had bans myself, so lets not go there, because you're completely wrong, i broke the rules, got punished, its simple.

When you are saying something is floored, that does not make it true, just like me saying its not doesnt, but the fact the forums run fine how it is at the moment, does make your point moot at this point, thats my opinion im entitled too aswell.
Of course you're allowed to criticise, nobody said you're not, doesnt make your opinion right.

When there was more players, the forums were buzzing, as the numbers dropped, so did the forum use, coincidence? I think not.
You made the claim the forums are dead because of the rules, please show me where that data is? Its just another assumption on your part.

Your attitude from the get go as been poor, hence my response, i tried the talking as adults, it was you that wanted to go in another direction, so i followed, so dont play that game.

Yes go to I/D, if your suggestions are viable, i will personally push for them to be implemented, and if they're good suggestions, then why wouldn't it be used.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 10 May 2018, 12:47
Fair enough. My attitude has been perfectly fine though. If it hasn’t, then neither has yours.
Please explain how I’ve been rude or spoke with poor tone.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 May 2018, 12:50
Im not playing that game, im happy to discuss the topic at hand, if thats not what you're now interested in, then this aint for me anymore.

Dont forget to put all ideas in the relevant section.

Good day to you sir smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 May 2018, 13:02
Enfield Rovers FC wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Stalybridge Celtic adds nothing to these forums, nothing fun anyway, and gets away with quite alot imo. He gets plenty of chances.

What you may deem as not offensive, may not seem that way to others, without knowing evey single persons views on something, which is impossible without asking them, then rules must be followed to respect every person on the forums.

Theres a way of speaking without breaking rules, some like to push that.
If a comment is removed, then it was done within the rules.

If 1 rule is allowed to be broken, then where does it end? It doesnt, and there might aswell be none.

If people cant speak without breaking rules, then its more than fair to remove their right to speak.

If its friendly banter, then threads are left, its when people take it too far, someone has to step in.

Its not to strict, other people manage quite well to speak, have banter and not get banned, so why cant everyone?
The forums are used less because theres less people, its nothing to do with the rules.

I also think your issue has no basis, the last time a thread was closed for breaking forum rules was 10 days ago, and that was after the op had been told to stop making spam threads.
The next goes all the way back to Feb.

So what is it you're referring to?
Perfectly said and correct.
Another moderator incapable of considering different opinions.
"The rules are XYZ therefore that's that and no more shall be heard against it!"
Heard against it? I do hear you but just because I hear you does not mean I have to agree with you let alone comment about what you said. You have no right to tell me what to do or what to say. What gives you the right to tell me what to do? You have no right. I will write what I want to write whether you like it or not and as long as I abide by the rules in doing so. If you can not abide by the rules, then maybe this game is not for you because if you get offended by a particular user, we can not just allow the individual to complain on the forums which break rules, it's really as simple as that.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 May 2018, 14:35
I am not, and never have been, a Forum Moderator.

However, I can say that the Forum Mods do not make up the rules.
VM HQ in Denmark set the rules, the Mods volunteer to try to help managers stick to them.
Those that cannot do eventually get forum banned.

There is no "slippery slope issue" preciesely because the rules are already there.
If there were no rules then it would be down to each individual mod to make decisions which could always be challenged / argued about.

This is a family friendly game. - What some consenting adults may find acceptable, may absolutely be inappropriate for our younger players - or indeed others with different values.

As it happens there is a Crew Day this weekend (in Denmark) when ideas to improve the game are discussed with VM HQ.
I can say that sensible suggestions are always welcome smiley

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 10 May 2018, 15:54
Whittall United wrote:
Im not playing that game, im happy to discuss the topic at hand, if thats not what you're now interested in, then this aint for me anymore.

The perfect dismount from your high horse.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 10 May 2018, 15:55
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Heard against it? I do hear you but just because I hear you does not mean I have to agree with you let alone comment about what you said. You have no right to tell me what to do or what to say. What gives you the right to tell me what to do? You have no right. I will write what I want to write whether you like it or not and as long as I abide by the rules in doing so. If you can not abide by the rules, then maybe this game is not for you because if you get offended by a particular user, we can not just allow the individual to complain on the forums which break rules, it's really as simple as that.
Fair enough, sorry, yes, you are right, sir. Sorry, sir. I shall be good from now on. Sorry, again.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 May 2018, 15:56
Enfield Rovers FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

Ok buddy, thanks for proving my point smiley

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 10 May 2018, 15:57
Whittall United wrote:
Enfield Rovers FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

Ok buddy, thanks for proving my point smiley
And you, me.