Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum bans

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 May 2018, 14:32
Enfield Rovers FC wrote:
And I have no idea who removed them?!
When mods edit or remove something they leave a message and their club name or initials. There is no point editing things that don't need editing.It's time consuming and pointless

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 12 May 2018, 14:50
Nope, didn't happen. Each time the comment just disappeared, no message and nothing edited.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 May 2018, 15:00
Enfield Rovers FC wrote:
Nope, didn't happen. Each time the comment just disappeared, no message and nothing edited.
The only thing I can think off is that you commented on somebody else's sales thread?

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 12 May 2018, 20:46
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
This has been happening for years. And the crew wonder why the user base has been exponentially declining over the last few years. Clueless and classless.
So the game losers it's users because of forum rules?
So it has nothing to do with how the game has changed over the years?

I agree, clueless and classless.
Both... that is a well known fact. Both the forums and the game have been in decline for several years. The forums used to be a thriving, bubbling area of ideas, debates and suggestions for improvement, however now it is just full of repeated topics, and nonsensical ideas.
Show me that fact where its down to forum rules?
How I meant to support this with quantitative data which is not available? I personally know several people who used to play because of the forums who have now quit. It is a shame as the forums were much more active and engaging a few years ago with thoughtful and respectful discussions, now you just get shot down for anything you say.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 12 May 2018, 20:48
There's a strong whiff of sour grapes in here.

Not aimed at an individual.

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 12 May 2018, 20:48
I mean 4 topics posted on in general in the last 24 hrs. 3-4 years ago this would have easily been 10-15+, I would be interested to hear anyones opinion who genuinely thinks that the forums have improved in the last 3-4 yrs.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 12 May 2018, 20:52
Le Tour De France wrote:
I mean 4 topics posted on in general in the last 24 hrs. 3-4 years ago this would have easily been 10-15+, I would be interested to hear anyones opinion who genuinely thinks that the forums have improved in the last 3-4 yrs.
From a personal point of view I think its quieter, in the sense that some big personalities don't play anymore. Mostly because they are banned for a very long time and imo rightly so. Those personalities noised up a lot of people which created a lot of interest in the forum. More for comedy purposes in most instances.

I wish I knew what the op is relating to. As a part of the vm volunteers I'm aware of absolutely no foul play. Offensive a little bit.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 12 May 2018, 20:54
Le Tour De France wrote:
I mean 4 topics posted on in general in the last 24 hrs.
Maybe a simple case of people finding answers by looking through rather than repeating things.

Idk.

Whittall United (Grant) 12 May 2018, 21:00
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
This has been happening for years. And the crew wonder why the user base has been exponentially declining over the last few years. Clueless and classless.
So the game losers it's users because of forum rules?
So it has nothing to do with how the game has changed over the years?

I agree, clueless and classless.
Both... that is a well known fact. Both the forums and the game have been in decline for several years. The forums used to be a thriving, bubbling area of ideas, debates and suggestions for improvement, however now it is just full of repeated topics, and nonsensical ideas.
Show me that fact where its down to forum rules?
How I meant to support this with quantitative data which is not available? I personally know several people who used to play because of the forums who have now quit. It is a shame as the forums were much more active and engaging a few years ago with thoughtful and respectful discussions, now you just get shot down for anything you say.
Don't claim it's a fact if you don't have anything to back it up then.
All it is, is your opinion on the matter.

Whittall United (Grant) 12 May 2018, 21:04
Le Tour De France wrote:
Less people play the game than a few years ago, of course there's gonna be less people using the forums.
Nobody has said the forums have improved.

Just not sure what some of you people expect?
Less users, less forum use, it's hardly gonna go up is it.