Forums

Miscellaneous

Questions

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 11 November 2023, 14:33
1. Do people still use extreme training anymore? Say on a Saturday? I believe there was some suggestions to never use it
2. Do you have the same running order for penalties, free kicks and corners? If so, what's point of three options if we all select same players for all three

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 November 2023, 00:47

1. = I don't.
2. = no, I have my keeper taking the free kicks, otherwise, yes.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 12 November 2023, 10:07
Interesting you have keeper taking free kicks. Something you spotted in the match engine re launching attacks?

Dinamo Rosyth (Ryan) Forum moderator 12 November 2023, 10:43
I use extreme training on a Sunday - after the weekly update but before the 11pm training update.

I have the same running order for free kicks and corners but not for penalties. I avoid using forwards for corners and free kicks because I figure it's best to keep the forwards free to take advantage of opportunities created by the set piece but I'm not actually sure if that's the best way to take advantage of the match engine.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 November 2023, 11:00
Understated Excellence wrote:
Interesting you have keeper taking free kicks. Something you spotted in the match engine re launching attacks?
It looks good on the matchview highlights, but, as we all know they're not actually showing the real ME workings, so that's probably a waste of head space ...

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 12 November 2023, 15:05
Might try using extreme again on Sunday
See how it goes

It's hard to know how advanced the match engine is to be honest. It can't be on the scale of say a football manager or even FIFA manager haha if that still exists

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 12 November 2023, 15:09
I used to extreme on a Sunday but to be honest I never really noticed much of a difference. It’s just seems to be fortune as ever with training as to whether it’s good or bad. So bumping from hard to extreme makes a negligible difference either way.

That and the amount of times I’ve forgot to change it back to Hard or lower intensity and absolutely screwed my teams energy from day 1 of the new season…

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 November 2023, 15:12
Solihull Moors FC wrote:
I used to extreme on a Sunday but to be honest I never really noticed much of a difference. It’s just seems to be fortune as ever with training as to whether it’s good or bad. So bumping from hard to extreme makes a negligible difference either way.

That and the amount of times I’ve forgot to change it back to Hard or lower intensity and absolutely screwed my teams energy from day 1 of the new season…
+1

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 12 November 2023, 15:12
I've done that in past too when I used pay for tickets for automatic training

Dinamo Rosyth (Ryan) Forum moderator 13 November 2023, 00:04
Solihull Moors FC wrote:

I've just had a look at my training statistics and, yeah, not much difference. For me it seems to guarantee an above-average score, but not necessarily a particularly high one. Given the inevitable highs and lows, negligible difference overall seems to sum it up.

I'm still happy to stick with it for now so long as I can be bothered and continue to remember to adjust it back.