Forums

Miscellaneous

Close down some leagues

Posted in Ideas/development

Braintree Town (John) 7 October 2018, 17:32
Surely just drop the ‘country’ name. Everyone wants to manage in their own country which creates huge disparity between established and new teams. You only have to look at the division 4 group I was in in France, I took a break 6 weeks ago and there’s still many teams constantly going up and straight back down. There’s little chance of moving up the leagues.

Pretty sure I’ve said it before, have one structure. There in theory would be a greater level playing field in each divisions group where a team could go up or down, even if it’s level/step 9! IMO if someone sees progression, they’re more likely to stay!

Noaclub (noa van der hoorn) 26 December 2018, 20:12
Braintree Town wrote:
Surely just drop the ‘country’ name. Everyone wants to manage in their own country which creates huge disparity between established and new teams. You only have to look at the division 4 group I was in in France, I took a break 6 weeks ago and there’s still many teams constantly going up and straight back down. There’s little chance of moving up the leagues.

Pretty sure I’ve said it before, have one structure. There in theory would be a greater level playing field in each divisions group where a team could go up or down, even if it’s level/step 9! IMO if someone sees progression, they’re more likely to stay!
I think this is a good idea, there will be a lot more competition if we put everyone in one league system.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 30 December 2018, 13:23
I agree. Better to have one structure and know exactly how good or bad your doing.

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 30 December 2018, 13:37
I disagree, I like having different countries. But quite a few need closing down.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 December 2018, 14:05
Also disagree. One league system would result in it being almost impossible to touch the top of the game considering several teams have billions in the bank.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 17 January 2019, 21:38
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Also disagree. One league system would result in it being almost impossible to touch the top of the game considering several teams have billions in the bank.
Be more true to life

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 17 January 2019, 23:52
Understated Excellence wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Be more true to life
But far less fun which is surely the point of the game?