Forums

Miscellaneous

Close down some leagues

Posted in Ideas/development

Chaz City (Chaz) 25 August 2018, 21:09
Simple really. I'm fairly certain all the bot filled leagues pull lots of processing power which could be used elsewhere.

If we cut the leagues down to, say 8 countries, with 5 or 6 divisions each surely that would be better for the game?

Would mean be about 30 - 60 groups per country in that case.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 26 August 2018, 13:22
Totally agree. Lets have less leagues and divisions and more competition

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 15 September 2018, 22:35
You wouldn't believe how many requests we get through Support for More leagues to be added! smiley

Cant Score (Hello) 16 September 2018, 00:43
SuDoku AFC wrote:
You wouldn't believe how many requests we get through Support for More leagues to be added! smiley
I guess people just want to play in the leagues of their respective countries.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 16 September 2018, 00:46
A F C Wimbledon wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Yes, there is a lot of that, and, folks want the chance to get into the top Divisions - and maybe actually win something - or at least compete... - the fewer Leagues we have = the fewer opportunities there are for that.

Cant Score (Hello) 16 September 2018, 01:00
SuDoku AFC wrote:
A F C Wimbledon wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Yes, there is a lot of that, and, folks want the chance to get into the top Divisions - and maybe actually win something - or at least compete... - the fewer Leagues we have = the fewer opportunities there are for that.
That’s true, if leagues were removed my team would never get to the top flight (That said - we’re getting relegated anyway smiley )

On the topic of easier competitions to win something I wish the NCC was limited to teams who’ve only been active under 1 year to give them something to compete for as after the initial success of climbing the bot leagues like div 7/6 etc. they will get stuck (unless their good at trading). Then again maybe then instead of being dominated by already established clubs (probably who’ve returned from a break or sold up and bought a new team thus with low VIFA rank) it would just become a contest between beginners who had a super youth that year.

BROWNCY FC (Ukeme Bassey) 16 September 2018, 11:24
Yeah, I'm addicted to that opinions, I would love to play in my country league.

I want more leagues to be establish.

Kingstown Bulldogs (Kaena Kinoshita) 21 September 2018, 18:52
Also the groups where NOBODYs in it. Ive looked for scores and it said something about nobody being in the group. It's mostly the lower Divisions(7ish)

Western Football Club (gg) 24 September 2018, 09:28
I say insted of it being called division 2 for example you make it the championship, league one etc and have 24 teams. Then you can have a wider range of countries and more explained leagues.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 24 September 2018, 14:14
There have been talks about closing a couple of countries, and making some kind of contry-rotation. For instance we har the WC in Russia, then a league could be changed to Russia for 6-8 months and then a new country later. The initial idea was to let the managers(ALL, not just that single country) vote for which leagues to be dropped and which to be added.