Forums

Miscellaneous

Selling a club

Posted in General

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 10 November 2023, 21:20
Hello

I was just wondering what the justification was for not allowing people to sell their club for financial gain?

If people have put in money to build a club over x number of years then surely it's fair for them to sell their 'investment'?

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 10 November 2023, 21:58
Enchiladas Mexicanas wrote:
Hello

I was just wondering what the justification was for not allowing people to sell their club for financial gain?

If people have put in money to build a club over x number of years then surely it's fair for them to sell their 'investment'?
Vast majority of games do not allow for selling accounts. It's not an uncommen thing in the gaming industry. Doesn't matter how much money or time you have put into the account.

I guess partly it's because they don't want people to make money doing so and hindering people making bot accounts do so.

Another reason could be that they don't want any responsibility or any other negative talks, that people tried to by an account and ended up getting scammed and such.

Lots of different reasons variously games use. And again, it's a very common thing in the gaming industry aswell as it is here.

Note: I do not know the reason why VM wont allow it, but simply guesses on why they wouldn't.

A Z Magma (floki) 11 November 2023, 01:29
im sure you could sell your log in for a financial transaction ,who would even know

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 11 November 2023, 09:55
AZ Magma wrote:
im sure you could sell your log in for a financial transaction ,who would even know
We will find out and the club will be permanently banned.

A Z Magma (floki) 11 November 2023, 23:25
as long as no cheating goes on does it really matter who clicks the train button and selects the team?

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 11 November 2023, 23:57
AZ Magma wrote:
as long as no cheating goes on does it really matter who clicks the train button and selects the team?
I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if I employed someone to press 'train' once a day so I'm not sure why they should care if I sell the club to someone and save me from having to employ someone to have to press the button for me.

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 12 November 2023, 00:44
Enchiladas Mexicanas wrote:
AZ Magma wrote:
I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem if I employed someone to press 'train' once a day so I'm not sure why they should care if I sell the club to someone and save me from having to employ someone to have to press the button for me.
Well that would be breaking the rules aswell.

1.8. Account is personal
A club account is personal and may only be used by the same person who created the club. In some circumstances you are allowed to let a friend tend to your club - see section 1.6
AZ Magma wrote:
Personally I don't see any harm in it, but rules are rules, so as long as they are there, they should be followed.
If people don't follow the rules, they'll risk getting a penalty. What that penalty is, is up to the one dealing with the case. But it's never worth it.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 12 November 2023, 00:45
As said, it's a common rule amongst gaming industry in general not to allow the resale of accounts, credits, gaming content.

Not to say it doesn't happen, it obviously does and there are some gaming platforms (resellers) that make an absolute fortune from it.

Does it ruin the games, yes in my opinion definitely some games for sure.

Does it increase the market for bots to be introduced into these games to feed that market. Definitely.

Will it ever stop, asbolutely no chance.

If the multi billion dollar companies that run mmos / mmorpgs struggle to stop it I highly doubt they will be able too here.

But as they say, get caught, get banned. From a buyers point of view, it's not worth the risk. As a seller, makes no difference as long as you get paid.

They'd be better off building a platform to sell your accounts 'safely' and take a % of the proceeds. Although I doubt it would be worth doing that here for the 200-500 active users they have

A Z Magma (floki) 12 November 2023, 08:58
yea makes sense fair enough