Forums

Miscellaneous

Cups for each level

Posted in Ideas/development

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 8 November 2023, 12:37
I think a lot of us would like to see a change in how the cup systems work. Including another thread that includes creating your own tournaments which would be a great addition.

Right now, there is very little incentive for any teams around the middle of the table at any level. (Aside from the small amount of prize money). Currently, if I am anywhere from 4th-10th after 20 games or so, I will write off the rest of the season, and play my reserves/youth players to improve their mood.

In addition, I've got no chance of winning a cup until I am playing in the top league for both my senior or youth squad

I know we already have the world cup, and the super cup. but how about some sort of tournament for each level?

EG.
Finish in the top 2 of Div 3 in ANY country, you go into the Div 3 tournament to play against other teams that finished in the same position in other countries.

If you finish 3rd-6th in Div 3 in ANY country, then you go into the a Div 3 tournament to play against other teams that finished in the same position in other countries.

A sort of champions league, europa, conference league type thing.

I am not sure if this makes sense, or has been suggested before. I think it would give teams at each level a chance to win something, rather than getting knocked out constantly by teams that are in much higher divisions.

Thanks. Any thoughts are appreciated.

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 8 November 2023, 14:37
If there were to add lower level cups personally I think scrapping the “newcomers cup” and then replacing with “League cups” one cup per division, per nation, open to all.

Granted that’s 14 nations let’s just say down to Division 4, 56 League cups.

FC Crystal Palace (Jurgen Meltz) 8 November 2023, 23:38
I agree, scrap newcomers cup and have a cup for each division tier.
Premier league
Div 1
Div 2 etc....

It's very hard to progress in the cups available agreed, the game is a long arduous one so it would make sense to bring in something to incentivise those like yourself and myself included.

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 9 November 2023, 15:18
I guess it would add some more short-medium term targets for the mid field clubs & some actual hooks for newcomers.

I’m sure very similar ideas have been posted over the near on 20 years of this game and there have been better things implemented with few resources, but they have also been worse moves, match simulator & failure to convert to mobile app to name a couple.

Got a bit of spare time on my hands today but I have not double checked my maths but here goes.

But it would be less messy to add trans national cups rather than as I suggested earlier “league cups”
The newcomers cup is the largest currently at 9 rounds with 512 teams use this as a base..

224 teams in Div1
448 teams in Div2 (672 in 1&2)
896 teams in Div3 (1,896 in 1-3)
1,792 teams including bots in Div 4 (3,688 in 1-4)
3,584 Div 5 teams mainly from Denmark & England & all the bots

A Level 1-512 (512 teams probably from 1&2) - (Double World manager cup size)
B Level 513-1,024 (512 teams probably from 2&3)
C Level 1,025-1,536 (512 teams probably from 3)
D Level 1,537-2,048 (512 teams probably from 3&4)
E Level 2,049-2,560 (512 teams probably from 4)
F Level 2,560-50,000 (512 teams probably from 4&5)

This would cover most active players, and I’d probably keep the newcomers cup history in Level D.

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 12 November 2023, 09:37
Yeah I have probably overhoigjt this. It sounds like a league cup would achieve the same outcomes.

Wonder how easy/difficult this would be to put together?