Forums

Miscellaneous

Making a sub after a sending off

Posted in General

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 31 October 2023, 13:39
today for the first time I utilised the precaution of if a defender got sent off a automatic replacement would be put in a defensive role . I assumed wrong took a M.C off thinking the replacement D.C would automatically slot in a defensive role which was not the case as he slotted in a M.C role. this makes no sense at all which made my team weaker with a massive penalty of playing out of position plus a man down. Another pointless feature that needs a solution.

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 1 November 2023, 06:02
Have you let Steve Bruce touch your tactics board again!!

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 1 November 2023, 11:26
LOL

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 1 November 2023, 12:20
I had never really considered this but it’s a very good point. You can’t really be a manager if you can’t adjust your actual team to an in game scenario.

Even if you could create a tactic/formation with 10 players and have the option to have an instruction of if a player is sent off, switch to Tactic B for example.

But I suppose the difficulty is it depends who is sent off position wise, as there could be so many different combinations of who moves where and who needs to move and be subbed off/on in a certain scenario.

Maybe there could be a further red card option in the instructions to define what you want to happen should it be a defender/midfielder/attacker that gets sent off.