Forums

Miscellaneous

Very close to Number One

Posted in General

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 27 October 2023, 17:09
Five weeks ago ours was the #2 VIFA ranked club, with just one win in our last fixture of the day guaranteed to lift us to the highest ranked team in the whole game, Number One! Sadly that game was only drawn and since then we have fallen away a bit, but in tribute to this nearest of near misses, here is the Press Release we prepared. In case we don't make it back anytime soon, we can still make a (littler) celebration for this 'silver medal'.

- - -

So, it took us 10 and a half years but today we made it to the #1 ranked of all VM senior teams. Really very happy about that. So many hours! We had already first hit the VM #1 spot for youth teams back in February 2022 (and several times since then), so really happy to have hit Number One now for both teams.

In one week, in April 2023, Newcastle U FC made its first historic treble, winning the VM World Cup (for the first time), as well as its 10th Division One league title and the national senior cup competition. Super Cup honours also arrived in 2023 with victory in VM's top competition in February.

So, as of today, Newcastle U FC has now won 87 top honours:
13 Senior Division One league titles
25 Senior Cups (incl. VM World Cups and Super Cup)
19 Junior Division One league titles and
30 Junior team Cups

and now we can add achieving #1 ranked senior club (17/9/23).

Thanks to all the nice people I’ve met in VM, for the great fun and for listening to my occasional moaning. If of interest, you can track our progress on our team page through the club’s various press releases over the years, charting our first final in 2014, our first cup success in 2016 to our first top division title in 2017. Clearly not a game for instant glory and it’s cool you can’t just spend your way with real money to VM success like in some other football sim games.

Haddaway and cheers!
Rolf

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 27 October 2023, 18:01
Nice smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 27 October 2023, 18:13
You have done extremely well
I'm sure you will be the bride one day
But for now, at least you're in the bridal party(upper echelons of the game)

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 27 October 2023, 23:56
I share your pain smiley

Way back when (April 2017 to be precise, 4yrs after joining the game) I reached #2 and was 1 goal away from #1 on two days that week, ie one more goal in any of my games on either day to turn a defeat to a draw, or a draw to a win, would've been enough.

Unfortunately I never got back there after falling away, then realistic player aging changed my game strategy and I stopped buying great older players fearing losing too much cash on them.

Since then I've tried but not always managed to keep my club playing in a top Division, with ongoing Cup interest each week too.

I presume that at some point (next year?) after I reach my current achievement goal, I might make a concerted effort to have another go, but I fear it may be beyond me now.

Don't give up trying right now to make it, = you may never get a better chance ...