Forums

Miscellaneous

New employee search ... - thoughts?

Posted in General

Helsingborg United (Seanacus) 29 August 2023, 22:41
Game that is dying works on things that wont make it better.

Put all the effort into a mobile app already and save the game.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 30 August 2023, 00:15
How is this going to keep new users from leaving? That's the biggest issue here right now.

Why would anybody spend months and months working on something that does literally nothing to retain the new user that spends only a few minutes on VM then disappears.

Speechless smiley

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 30 August 2023, 00:17
Helsingborg United wrote:

They've already said many times they won't be making a mobile app which literally blows my mind. It would be a game changer for VM

Carlton Athletic FC (Kyle Armitage) 30 August 2023, 14:44
Do we know if there's a disparity in the different types of advertisement? Is 'Headhunter' going to bring better results as it uses a paid feature than 'Newspaper' that doesn't for instance.

A Z Magma (floki) 31 August 2023, 11:51
Briggs FC wrote:

They've already said many times they won't be making a mobile app which literally blows my mind. It would be a game changer for VM
no point having an app if the game isnt great

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 31 August 2023, 12:28
AZ Magma wrote:
Having an app is the first step to improving the game though. Get an app > more engagement > more subscriptions > more money generated to employ someone to develop the game. Repeat.

That is of course a risk because the owners would have to pay someone to develop the app which would be costly. So they won’t take the risk. I wish they would sell the game tbh to someone with more vision and determination to make the game succeed.

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 31 August 2023, 20:46
AZ Magma wrote:
Briggs FC wrote:

The game is great, definitely needs work and it needs to move with the times, not stuck in an era that bypasses ten years ago. Literally nothing has changed in looks or design. Yeah a few updates here and there that most didn't need or likes.

My issue is this update has taken months to create but what benefit does it actually serve? None.

Fix the issues with the site, stop living off the current subscription fees and think about its future it's clear it's a game heading in the direction of the ground and literally being held up by long term supporters that actually enjoy the game for what it is.

The biggest issue is the owner isn't even involved with the community, it shows no trust or anything. They're last online time was a day ago? This is a business to them surely you would want to check on your site no? You post a blog update surely you want to see peoples reactions or suggestions to the blog post?

I appreciate the owner and his one and only dev has been sick but come on... Interact with your community, open up a bit, quit turning your mail messages off so people can't actually offer some advice or ideas quit hiding.

The whole mobile app development being rejected and shot down every single time it is mentioned all falls down to they can't afford it or don't want to have to incurr that cost

Speak with th community? If you actually participated in it, you might very well be surprised there are some rather wealthy community members here willing to open their own wallet to support the game and potentially help fund a mobile app if needed.

Constantly having ideas fallen on deaf ears and waiting months and months for this is pretty disappointing.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 1 September 2023, 09:59
Well said.

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 1 September 2023, 12:00
Briggs FC wrote:
AZ Magma wrote:
Briggs FC wrote:

The game is great, definitely needs work and it needs to move with the times, not stuck in an era that bypasses ten years ago. Literally nothing has changed in looks or design. Yeah a few updates here and there that most didn't need or likes.

My issue is this update has taken months to create but what benefit does it actually serve? None.

Fix the issues with the site, stop living off the current subscription fees and think about its future it's clear it's a game heading in the direction of the ground and literally being held up by long term supporters that actually enjoy the game for what it is.

The biggest issue is the owner isn't even involved with the community, it shows no trust or anything. They're last online time was a day ago? This is a business to them surely you would want to check on your site no? You post a blog update surely you want to see peoples reactions or suggestions to the blog post?

I appreciate the owner and his one and only dev has been sick but come on... Interact with your community, open up a bit, quit turning your mail messages off so people can't actually offer some advice or ideas quit hiding.

The whole mobile app development being rejected and shot down every single time it is mentioned all falls down to they can't afford it or don't want to have to incurr that cost

Speak with th community? If you actually participated in it, you might very well be surprised there are some rather wealthy community members here willing to open their own wallet to support the game and potentially help fund a mobile app if needed.

Constantly having ideas fallen on deaf ears and waiting months and months for this is pretty disappointing.
They are all valid points, but the owner not participating in the day to day conversation would just take a bunch of time away from him - and that is partly where my job comes in.
I do forward him feedback, concerns, ideas, etc. I sort through the things that does not need his involvement and give him a briefer version to keep the focus on what is more important from his side.

Keep in mind that what you expect of one guy would be taking up most, if not all, of his time and there would be no development as well.

There's a team around that does most of the community work around here, so the focus can be kept.
We have an entire backlog of ideas and improvement going forward. All we need is more time and there's never enough of that.

--

Mobile app development of this magnitude would be very costly. Something unfathomable amount.
500.000 DKK (60k GBP, 70k USD) is not something you can just throw at something and hope it sticks. That would mean a lot of other things had to be cut down, like all staff, all advertisements, etc. Its just not feasible at this stage.
Not to speak about the price you'd have to give up to apple and google for subscriptions and advertisements.

Having a mobile friendly game is better suited and that's where we are headed.