Forums

Miscellaneous

Best Tactics

Posted in General

Port Vale F C (James) 5 July 2023, 16:40
Hi everyone, I am just wondering what the best tactics are to win games. I have been experimenting with different playstyles, tempos formations etc etc, but I can't help but keep losing to teams that have signficantly lower ratings than my own team.

I kind of quit the game for 3/4 years, and recently thought I would give it another shot, but I'm a little confused on the tactics now, and how I can make games more winnable.

Thanks,
James

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 6 July 2023, 17:03
Compact that suit ur team

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 6 July 2023, 17:38
The standard advice seems to be shoot on sight.

I'm not sure that anybody knows much outside that. If you keep experimenting and taking notes you may end with a better understanding than most.

The game does deliberately throw in some randomness so you may have to stick with it for a couple of weeks.

Port Vale F C (James) 6 July 2023, 19:24
I remember back in the day when you could just wipe teams off the planet with the old tactics, seem to rarely get a 10-0+ game anymore.

I must say, the game is definitely going in the right direction still. Love the new developments for sure.

Safe to say they've regained one player here

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 6 July 2023, 22:26
Fella don't tell me about it, I'm having a mare of a season expected top 5 finish now sitting 4th bottom out of the cup too , my team is better,younger however still losing games I never lost before hoping its just a bad season they happen but this time by far the worst .