Forums

Miscellaneous

Real life football Injury’s

Posted in Off Topic

Wyre Villa FC (Darren) 8 July 2022, 00:57
So I’m currently recovering from ACL surgery after tearing it in April and it got me wondering has anyone else been through this and how do you not go insane

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 July 2022, 21:34
Nope nothing apart from a few bruises smiley

Wyre Villa FC (Darren) 8 July 2022, 21:39
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Nope nothing apart from a few bruises smiley
This is the first major injury I've ever had and trust it to be the worst one you can get

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 21:28
When I was about 14 or 15 I got broken ribs from a horror challenge studs to the midriff, I don't think I ever felt confident going in for challenges after that which is pretty important for a cente half and ended up quitting completely a year or so later

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 21:38
Rookery Park wrote:
When I was about 14 or 15 I got broken ribs from a horror challenge studs to the midriff, I don't think I ever felt confident going in for challenges after that which is pretty important for a cente half and ended up quitting completely a year or so later
To be fair to the lad who did it, he was in tears and had no intention in the slightest of hurting anybody, had eyes firmly on the ball, was just a dangerous high boot

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 20 July 2022, 20:11
Wyre Villa FC wrote:
So I’m currently recovering from ACL surgery after tearing it in April and it got me wondering has anyone else been through this and how do you not go insane
No, what level are you playing at out of interest?

Wyre Villa FC (Darren) 21 July 2022, 00:05
Rangers FootbalI Club wrote:
Wyre Villa FC wrote:
No, what level are you playing at out of interest?
Nothing special just Saturday local prem it’s just a level above Sunday league but I actually got injured playing 7 a side

Chaz City (Chaz) 22 July 2022, 22:18
Nothing major, concussion from a stray elbow when I played as GK.

The following summer, I broke my arm after falling from my bike, so that ended my career.

The Goon Squad (Very) 19 August 2022, 23:04
I'm a/was goalkeeper and a player once elbowed me in the chin (on purpose) and put my teeth through my top lip, two of my defenders jumped on me and got me to calm down because it was about my 4th game after I'd got out of prison for ABH (not proud)

St Johnstone (WilliamFrazer) 17 September 2022, 20:00
Broke my Fibula from a 50/50 when I was 6 , ever since 50/50s have not been my thing even still while playing the local 7s on a Sunday.