Forums

Miscellaneous

Advice

Posted in General

Teesside United (Manager of Teesside United) 9 December 2019, 19:10
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the game and have built up an okay team considering the time I’ve had.

However all of my players are very old because any young player with a decent rating is incredibly expensive. Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve my squad building?

Final Whistle (join) 9 December 2019, 20:02
Hi,

You really have only one option to advance faster, and that is to trade as often as you can.
Study how much players go for on a specific position/age/rating interval and evolve from there.
Buy players on Auction for less than the average or if you have patience look for similar players on TL to have the lowest price, set your players on TL for cheaper.
The limit is the 30 player slots that you have on your team, so the pace of buying and selling must sync up.
Also don't invest in the training facilities for the moment as the youth players are more valuable after the first 5 trains on the lowest facilities (first one is even better for selling 15yo).
There is a thread on sticky, read through it, "the noobs guide" or something like this.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1205976-the-noob-bible-2019-edition
Also changing leagues gives some extra cash the first time you join a new league level. Look also at different bonuses given out for some targets in-game.