Forums

Miscellaneous

Cost of talent vs Cost of training

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 11 October 2019, 17:23
I think it would be interesting if someone has made some statistics on the cost of training on different training grounds based on the player potential.

I would guess it varies based on age group as well, since the 30+ rating players have also a 'utility' component attached, since they generate revenu by playing in matches at a certain level.

Would there be any breakdown of a player's cost based on this metrics?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 11 October 2019, 19:35
Crikey PHD in Virtual Manager surely more worthwhile studies,,,

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 12 October 2019, 07:52
This would be take too long and would require some level of fixed transfers (as you would have to train one player on multiple training grounds to compare).

Final Whistle (join) 12 October 2019, 17:52
Reignwølf wrote:
This would be take too long and would require some level of fixed transfers (as you would have to train one player on multiple training grounds to compare).
I know that players train differently but on average players with the same potentials train the same. So a 15yo averaging 120 training on LTF reaches say 90 total in a month, maybe 95 on ETF, 100 on PTF and 105 on WCTF.
So let's say that you have 4 players with the specified potential, what would the price be after 2-3 years or at a specific reference age, say 21 or 24?
Next take 4 different players for 140 potential on LTF equivalent.
Assume they train for the same period of time as the previous round of players. What would their prices / value be if each trained on a different TF.
The difference starting at maybe 500k - 1M from the players price in the beginning. How big will it be at 21 or 24 yo?
Next round of simulation could be 160 on LTF equivalent.

I'm sure more experienced players have made some ideea.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 12 October 2019, 18:37
Well if you find players on the transfer market who are 21 year old for example and look at their average over the last 60 trains and compare that to a similar player who is 18, you might get an idea what that 18 year old could sell at when he is 21 but sometimes injuries could happen for example

Final Whistle (join) 13 October 2019, 12:26
The problem with that approach is that players often change teams/TFs and they skip some training in the process.
I tried this yesterday using the projected total rating found in the othersticky thread for projecting a players development.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 13 October 2019, 13:30
the only costs are your subscription all the rest is shall I say it ......

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 13 October 2019, 14:01
as I have read somewhere the value of a player can vary to sales of other players of similar quality so it would be hard to project the value of a player till after 6 pm uk time

Whittall United (Grant) 14 October 2019, 13:17
Without having all the data of every player, its near impossible to get an accurate answer.