Forums

Miscellaneous

Help with understanding scouts

Posted in General

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 14:57
Loyals wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
For example, if this player keeps up his current potential, he will sell at 45m but personally if his potential was 39 potential points after 5 trainings, i would try not to buy for more than 40m as i see a 17 year old with same current potential sell at 40m.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13623803-zolile-de-villiers
Even if he does - Pay attention to the energy smiley
Haha i was going to mention that in my post but i decided not to because my point was if his potential was 39 after 5 trainings when we both know that most likely it will not be 39 after 5 trainings but whatever his potential is after 5 trainings, the point is we will know how much he is worth pretty accurately by using vman info.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 15:01
The Goon Squad wrote:
All of my Talants I bought as formidable one or two enormous, not there all reasonable, promising and one formidable smiley I spent well over 100m now I'm stuck
I did tell you vinny if you are spending big bucks on formidable players or even enormous players, you need to use extreme training as much as possible and boost them. The higher intensity training the better the training scores.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 15:16
Whittall United wrote:
So the scout can see this hidden potential, but he isn't gonna be anymore acccurate than what i could predict, so it makes it pointless him seeing it, especially when he isn't even accurate some of the time smiley

The scout is making an educated guess on the info he has, i can make a similiar guess on the info we have, no need to see this hidden potential, because the scout could well be wrong, so lets take this hidden potential out of it, because at this point, its irrelevant, especially when we can go to VM info and find the potential points, which in theory, is the hidden potential.

Nobody said it wasn't 100% either, so why not assume it? Hence not enough information for the users, too much guessing going on, like the scout does.
When the number of training sessions goes 20+ I will agree that a calculated potential level is worth more than the scout, as each training session is likely to make the calculated potential more accurate. (PP is essentially a derivate of the hidden potential when the number of sessions goes up)

When you have less training sessions I think the scout is great. Based on the scouts(5x) assessments I am able to realize if the training sessions this far have been with over- or underperformance.

The game has always been having an element of figuring stuff out.
Even the PPs we're all so fond of are produced some assumptions that nobody actually knows if are true. But it is the best we have.

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 10 September 2019, 15:26
what makes a good scout 20 / 20 potential and ability ?

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 15:30
Loyals wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
So the scout can see this hidden potential, but he isn't gonna be anymore acccurate than what i could predict, so it makes it pointless him seeing it, especially when he isn't even accurate some of the time smiley

The scout is making an educated guess on the info he has, i can make a similiar guess on the info we have, no need to see this hidden potential, because the scout could well be wrong, so lets take this hidden potential out of it, because at this point, its irrelevant, especially when we can go to VM info and find the potential points, which in theory, is the hidden potential.

Nobody said it wasn't 100% either, so why not assume it? Hence not enough information for the users, too much guessing going on, like the scout does.
When the number of training sessions goes 20+ I will agree that a calculated potential level is worth more than the scout, as each training session is likely to make the calculated potential more accurate. (PP is essentially a derivate of the hidden potential when the number of sessions goes up)

When you have less training sessions I think the scout is great. Based on the scouts(5x) assessments I am able to realize if the training sessions this far have been with over- or underperformance.

The game has always been having an element of figuring stuff out.
Even the PPs we're all so fond of are produced some assumptions that nobody actually knows if are true. But it is the best we have.
I think we differ on whats great, if a scout is bringing back false info, then its not so great is it?

Im not fond of the PP either, its essentially telling you if a player is good, (making the scout even less useful) and im not a fan of the hand holding, basically what the newer scout was brought into the game for.

Its not about figuring anything out, we have come to the conclusion the scout is pretty much useless at telling us what we pay him for, especially when theres a site that tells us for free.

I say trust the scout at your own peril, vman info seems the way to go and you can save money on not paying scouts if you use them for potential assessment.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 15:31
Bradford P A wrote:
what makes a good scout 20 / 20 potential and ability ?
Nothing, because even the best scouts are wrong sometimes, knowledge is key here.

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 10 September 2019, 15:34
where can you find vm info ?

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 15:37
Bradford P A wrote:
https://app.vmaninfo.dk/

Its in danish, but its not too hard to understand it with a bit of help from google translate.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 15:37
Bradford P A wrote:
Google smiley

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 15:38
Whittall United wrote:
I think we differ on whats great, if a scout is bringing back false info, then its not so great is it?

Im not fond of the PP either, its essentially telling you if a player is good, (making the scout even less useful) and im not a fan of the hand holding, basically what the newer scout was brought into the game for.

Its not about figuring anything out, we have come to the conclusion the scout is pretty much useless at telling us what we pay him for, especially when theres a site that tells us for free.

I say trust the scout at your own peril, vman info seems the way to go and you can save money on not paying scouts if you use them for potential assessment.
If he was right every time - What is the challenge for you?

The other thread about vmaninfo opened my eyes for the problems that the data the site offers might bring - I will be presenting it to the VM Devs. Haven't come around to that yet.