Forums

Miscellaneous

Help with understanding scouts

Posted in General

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 13:58
And there it is smiley

I've said from day 1, the scouts potential assessment was off.
I personally can look at a players training and make an assessment and be within 1 or bang on, making the scout assessment next to useless.

If the scout can vary assessment with the same conditions, then he is infact pointless and is no better than what we previously had, other than the untrained transfers that go through him, it was pretty much pointless wasting time developing it, as he hasnt added anything, other than confusion.

I made a request to remove the scouts assessment because it took all the danger out of buying youths, essentially making the game easier.
Turns out it doesn't need removing, because it doesnt have a clue itself.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 14:00
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Very common? Very common juggling between two potentials from the same scout with 2 different reports on the very same day with no increase or decrease in training? Wow this is amazing. I haven't heard of that. Imagine a scout giving 2 different reports when scouted on the same day with no increase or decrease in training. Amazing!!! I wonder where i can find a player with formidable potential and has enormous potential before auction ends tonight. I need money smiley
I'd say it is very common. Based on my experiences with 5x 20 potential assessment scouts (So the should have the same "chance to be correct" ) scouting my own team.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 14:25
Well thats just it, the scouts aren't really doing anything the user can't, so why have the assessment if its not even accurate some of the time.

Also, whats the point in having 20 in potential assessment, if he cant even accurately do his job.

What should be being communicated to us all, is what % a scout is actually right, because my understanding is if he is 20 in potential assessment, then surely he'd be 100% correct all of the time, or this info kept quiet for a reason?

What is the difference between a scout with 10 potential and a scout with 20, because as it stands, both can be wrong, so kind of makes the points irrelevant?

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 14:28
Whittall United wrote:
I made a request to remove the scouts assessment because it took all the danger out of buying youths, essentially making the game easier.
You forgot to say it took all the fun and excitement out too smiley While there are many clubs trying to win trophies, everybody loves to earn credits on good deals and the vast amount of good deals are done with 15 year olds in my opinion.

Nowadays, all we have to do is when we see a very good youth go on auction who is 15 we say and let us say he is a DC for arguments sake is go to vman info, change the age bracket from 15 to 15 to 15 to 17 for example and look at his potential points and see the selling prices of similar potential players who have sold in that position to get a very good idea what the 15 year old on auction will sell at in future and most importantly know how much not to overbid.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 14:37
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
You forgot to say it took all the fun and excitement out too smiley While there are many clubs trying to win trophies, everybody loves to earn credits on good deals and the vast amount of good deals are done with 15 year olds in my opinion.

Nowadays, all we have to do is when we see a very good youth go on auction who is 15 we say and let us say he is a DC for arguments sake is go to vman info, change the age bracket from 15 to 15 to 15 to 17 for example and look at his potential points and see the selling prices of similar potential players who have sold in that position to get a very good idea what the 15 year old on auction will sell at in future and most importantly know how much not to overbid.
Exactly, little to no risk, boring.

I get the changes have been made to improve the game and get more customers in, but lets be honest, of anybody that played the game before all this, how many think its better now than before?
I for one don't think it is, and the fact the numbers dropped and have never returned, speaks volumes in my opinion.
Yes the game is still somewhat enjoyable, but nowhere near the level it was.

Its all the dumbing down of the game thats ruined it, it took abit of know how to be successful previously, now its not.

The forums have gone down hill, because theres no mystery to anything anymore, hence nobody needs help.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 14:39
For example, if this player keeps up his current potential, he will sell at 45m but personally if his potential was 39 potential points after 5 trainings, i would try not to buy for more than 40m as i see a 17 year old with same current potential sell at 40m.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13623803-zolile-de-villiers

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 14:42
Whittall United wrote:
Well thats just it, the scouts aren't really doing anything the user can't, so why have the assessment if its not even accurate some of the time.

Also, whats the point in having 20 in potential assessment, if he cant even accurately do his job.

What should be being communicated to us all, is what % a scout is actually right, because my understanding is if he is 20 in potential assessment, then surely he'd be 100% correct all of the time, or this info kept quiet for a reason?

What is the difference between a scout with 10 potential and a scout with 20, because as it stands, both can be wrong, so kind of makes the points irrelevant?
The scout does see partly to the training, and partly to the true potential that he is born with. If you can see the true potential - I would love to know how.

20 is more accurate than 19, which is more accurate than 18...

Did anybody tell you that 20 PA = 100% correct? No - Why'd you assume it?
I mean, having 100 in finishing doesn't mean the player score on every single shot.

Both can be wrong, but the 10 scout will be the same amount of wrong more often. I dont know the actual percentages either, but I have figured out, by time, that the 20 scout also sometimes is wrong.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 14:45
Arsenäl FC wrote:
For example, if this player keeps up his current potential, he will sell at 45m but personally if his potential was 39 potential points after 5 trainings, i would try not to buy for more than 40m as i see a 17 year old with same current potential sell at 40m.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13623803-zolile-de-villiers
Even if he does - Pay attention to the energy smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 10 September 2019, 14:52
All of my Talants I bought as formidable one or two enormous, not there all reasonable, promising and one formidable smiley I spent well over 100m now I'm stuck

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 14:55
Loyals wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

The scout does see partly to the training, and partly to the true potential that he is born with. If you can see the true potential - I would love to know how.

20 is more accurate than 19, which is more accurate than 18...

Did anybody tell you that 20 PA = 100% correct? No - Why'd you assume it?
I mean, having 100 in finishing doesn't mean the player score on every single shot.

Both can be wrong, but the 10 scout will be the same amount of wrong more often. I dont know the actual percentages either, but I have figured out, by time, that the 20 scout also sometimes is wrong.
Ok smiley

So the scout can see this hidden potential, but he isn't gonna be anymore acccurate than what i could predict, so it makes it pointless him seeing it, especially when he isn't even accurate some of the time smiley

The scout is making an educated guess on the info he has, i can make a similiar guess on the info we have, no need to see this hidden potential, because the scout could well be wrong, so lets take this hidden potential out of it, because at this point, its irrelevant, especially when we can go to VM info and find the potential points, which in theory, is the hidden potential.

Nobody said it wasn't 100% either, so why not assume it? Hence not enough information for the users, too much guessing going on, like the scout does.