Forums

Miscellaneous

New stat (Composure)

Posted in Ideas/development

Laddergoat FC (Manager of Laddergoat FC) 6 June 2019, 19:01
I understand this would mean a total overhaul of the Game engine to implement, which I highly doubt will be happening any time soon but in the situation of a big new update I think this would be a very good stat to add. Composure : How often a player with the ball makes the logical decision.
The amount of times I have a player one on one vs the keeper and he decides a 30 yard ball the wing is the correct decision is rather frustrating, I am not sure if this becomes less of a thing when the average rating of a player increases as of now...and if so which stat currently in the game do you think influences this.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 June 2019, 23:28
It doesn't become less of a thing - it happens even with the very best players.

One thing that's worth noting with this though, is the match viewer is not the same as the match simulator.

The match simulator is what generates the result, and the match viewer gives a visual representation of this. In practice, as far as I understand it, you're right, it would mean the whole match system would need overhauling. Essentially what you see in the match viewer is pretty much a random sequence of events that's never really happened (I think, I may misunderstand it though)

Laddergoat FC (Manager of Laddergoat FC) 7 June 2019, 00:17
Yeah that sounds about right to be honest, suppose on a whole new tangent then I would love to see a cleaned up polished version of the 2D simulator that used to be in the game 8-10 years ago.