Forums

Miscellaneous

redesign contracts

Posted in Ideas/development

Port Vale F C (James) 22 May 2019, 10:11
I know VM tickets exist, but lets be honest who really buys them.

I went on a holiday for a few days and lost all my players, and I find myself asking (but knowing its my fault) is it really worth the time and effort to try and rebuild my squad.

If this happens to a lot of people, I can imagine this is one of the key reasons that people leave the game, such as myself, as I can't be bothered to rebuild. Had a lot of fun playing, but in the end it comes down to some simple game mechanic such as contracts that sends me away.

I'd suggest to help retain people who make mistakes like I have, that VM tickets are scrapped for contracts, and instead you have an option to have continuous renewals until stopped for all your staff and players.

What do the devs think?

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 May 2019, 10:55
I don't really get your point.

You knew that once your players' contracts run out they will leave your club, you knew that you had the option to use VM Tickets to prevent this from happening. Yet you didn't use them?

You could've also got someone else to log in for you whilst you were on holiday to stop this from happening.

Port Vale F C (James) 22 May 2019, 12:19
My point being that VM tickets surely cannot generate that much income to not just let their benefits for contracts happen anyway.

My point being that player retention should be the games key target, as VM premium will generate far more money...

Maybe rebrand them as an "auto trainer" buff

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 May 2019, 18:12
Contracts run for up to 3 weeks. If you were away for a few days, presumably you knew you were going and could have just extended them to the max and avoided the whole issue without any VM tickets at all....

Port Vale F C (James) 23 May 2019, 11:11
Yeah but my point is about real life-player retention.... mistakes happen and obviously it was my fault, but if 10 people do this a month and quit, thats over 120 people a year stopping paying VM premium. In a game whos player base is at all time lows, new players too might stop playing if they see that they contracts expire, as when new people begin a game, they don't slave on it and log on every day to check for the 3 day warning.

I'm talking from a business perspective for the company rather than a player perspective, identified a reason why people might quit, and therefore a way to retain them is to redesign contracts so that accidental contract expiry doesn't occur.

Alternatively a box in the corner of the main page with 'Nearest contract expiry' and then a date is equally as useful as the notification system.

Final Whistle (join) 13 July 2019, 18:57
This is really annoying. I agree that there should be an option presented to either renew contracts on expiry or sell them for a specified sum or percentage based value.
I lost some cash by forgetting to renew as I am connecting multiple times a day. But should I loose a player that I invested for a long time that would make me mad. Hopefully this won't happen