Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 March 2019, 13:38

Does anyone here have strong views either way?
(and why? - if you have time to explain ... )

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 March 2019, 14:10
It's a complete mess. The leaders of all the main parties voted to remain, yet they are responsible for negotiating a leave deal, May directly and the rest leading their respective parties on agreement to the leave deal.

I think the original referendum was done with very little knowledge on what leaving would entail. I think there were a lot of lies from Borris with his buses and promises of investment in the nhs (promises he wasn't able to make and would never do anyway) The likes of Farage playing on peoples' fears and xenophobia

I don't understand why we can't have a second referendum, people who say it's undemocratic, I just don't understand, surely getting people to vote on something with very limited information and lies (like it was first time) is undemocratic or irresponsible at best.

I'm a firm believer that being part of the EU is better for the UK and everything that has happened since the referendum has done nothing to change my mind

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 12 March 2019, 18:00
Does anybody know who the president of the EU is? When was he or she elected? How many candidates stood for election? What were the respective policies? How long is the term of office?

What does the European Parliament do? Although MEPs are notionally elected based on their party's policies none of the policymakers are actually elected MEPs. The closest thing the EU has to elected policymakers are the heads of state.

Why did Tony Blair sign away part of the British rebate? It was allegedly in exchange for reforms that were never delivered. Note that we didn't get our rebate re-instated.

Did you know that the British government has to estimate the value of the illegal sex and drug trades? The EU decided that these need to be taken into account when calculating the size of the economy and, hence, the amount of money to be paid into the EU.

I voted to leave on the basis that the EU is not a democracy. The resulting mess was not unexpected but will only be temporary.

Lateside united (KK) 12 March 2019, 23:04
Time to take are country back

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 00:02
Lateside united wrote:
And destroy it in the process? The reality is just because it is 'ours' doesn't mean it'll be better.

Lateside united (KK) 13 March 2019, 00:24
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
And destroy it in the process? The reality is just because it is 'ours' doesn't mean it'll be better.
Aslong as we all pull together will be fine get the borders shut more work for English we're over run with foreigners taking are jobs

Lateside united (KK) 13 March 2019, 00:26
Only downfall to brexit is we won't beable to fetch as much tobacco back off are hols

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 13:00
Lateside united wrote:
Aslong as we all pull together will be fine get the borders shut more work for English we're over run with foreigners taking are jobs
Ah yeah those pesky foreigners keeping us alive with their work in the NHS. The reality is that we need foreign labour, it’s the backwards, racist, lazy brits that are a burden to Britain not immigrants.

Lateside united (KK) 13 March 2019, 17:00
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Ah yeah those pesky foreigners keeping us alive with their work in the NHS. The reality is that we need foreign labour, it’s the backwards, racist, lazy brits that are a burden to Britain not immigrants.
85 % of crime round my kneck of the woods is done by foreigners its not racist want in are country back we're making it great again for are children. And grandchildren. We may find it hard to start with but it's not about us it's the future generations that will reep the rewards

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 17:11
Lateside united wrote:
85 % of crime round my kneck of the woods is done by foreigners its not racist want in are country back we're making it great again for are children. And grandchildren. We may find it hard to start with but it's not about us it's the future generations that will reep the rewards
I’d be interested to see where you find your facts. I highly doubt that 85% of crime is committed by foreigners anywhere in the UK. I’d also be interested to hear these rewards that our future generations reap.