Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 23 October 2019, 11:36
Newcastle U FC wrote:
In Germany we sit and watch the UK and we do not understand. We know the EU is not perfect but we know it is a great thing that has been achieved. We generally think the UK makes a huge mistake on wanting to leave the EU and are sad that it has been so difficult for the UK people to agree what they want. It is like you sold your house and cannot decide where to live next. Perhaps you should have decided before you sold your house.
It's been a farce from the start and I think if there was a second referendum then people would vote to remain ....I agree that it is a mistake to leave but I'm so fed up of it that I don't care anymore. Boris Johnson needs to remember that he wasn't elected and sending his second letter to the EU was a disgrace.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 23 October 2019, 16:32
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
In Germany we sit and watch the UK and we do not understand. We know the EU is not perfect but we know it is a great thing that has been achieved. We generally think the UK makes a huge mistake on wanting to leave the EU and are sad that it has been so difficult for the UK people to agree what they want. It is like you sold your house and cannot decide where to live next. Perhaps you should have decided before you sold your house.
It's been a farce from the start and I think if there was a second referendum then people would vote to remain ....I agree that it is a mistake to leave but I'm so fed up of it that I don't care anymore. Boris Johnson needs to remember that he wasn't elected and sending his second letter to the EU was a disgrace.
I am not so sure. A general election is required now. If you wish to remain you can vote for terrorist boot licking Corbyn. If you wish to leave you can vote for Ronald McDonald Johnson. Brexit has illustrated one thing, we need a new way to govern our country.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 23 October 2019, 16:34
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
I am not so sure. A general election is required now. If you wish to remain you can vote for terrorist boot licking Corbyn. If you wish to leave you can vote for Ronald McDonald Johnson. Brexit has illustrated one thing, we need a new way to govern our country.
It's the worst options in my lifetime for a general election not a fan of either

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 23 October 2019, 16:38
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
It's the worst options in my lifetime for a general election not a fan of either
I intend to vote for anyone who currently does not sit in Parliament. None of them deserve a vote. Maybe monster raving looney, I doubt they could do any worse.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 23 October 2019, 17:06
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Snap.
I don't like both Johnson or Corbyn either.
IMO both are potentially dangerous for our once Great britain, for different reasons.

I see a general election splitting four ways - the hard line Conservatives & Laourites, - both seem intent on fudging the issue, and then the hardline Brexiteers, and the hardline remainers (Lib dems).
I can see it could quite easily solve nothing.
On the other hand I am dead against another referendum. I mean - honestly what would be the point. It's unlikely to be a large majority ether way, and even if it was, with the current parliamentary arithmetic I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing anyway.
Another close result either way solves nothing either - just takes more months of delay.

I admit to being interested in the whole thing, - because personally I want to Leave, and I understand that this will possibly be our last chance to do so - ever.
But, even I can see that leaving with a deal (not in my eyes "Leaving" at all under this or the previous deal) is probably the only way forward. Landing ourselves wading through fudge forever seems to be the most popular option.

I'd love Great Britain to regain control over our lives - but only if we then make the most of the opportunities. Otherwise the whole thing really is a waste of time. And the current crop of MPs seem unlikely to even want to try to take hold of the advantages.

Therefore I fear Rolf is right. The whole thing might've been a bad idea.
And that's before the punishment beatings begin should we now change our minds, revoke, and remain. We'd never hear the end of it, be forced into joining the Euro, bailing out the other failing countries, joining the European Army, allowing further free movement of criminals - I have no problems whatsoever with free movement of labour! - etc etc etc.

We need a resolution asap - but not at any cost - ie ramming through such a serious change in our whole future without due scrutiny.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 23 October 2019, 17:14
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
I'm so fed up of it that I don't care anymore.
Summed up perfectly. The whole thing has been a shambles and we just need to commit one way or the other now.

Whittall United (Grant) 24 October 2019, 14:01
The mistake you seem to be all making is, you think these leaders care what people think, they do it all for themselves, which has been proven.

People can fight for what they want, the fact of the matter is this though, everybody regardless of they want, will just have to follow whatever the leader of our country wants.

We had a vote, the leader didn't agree with the outcome, so that vote has been ignored.

At this point, theres no point even being bothered, because it just doesnt matter what the people want.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 31 December 2020, 02:21
"Decree Absolute" achieved. ... Now, ... "can we stay friends"?
I certainly hope so!

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 31 December 2020, 13:41
SuDoku AFC wrote:
"Decree Absolute" achieved. ... Now, ... "can we stay friends"?
I certainly hope so!
smiley