Forums

Miscellaneous

Remembrance Day

Posted in Off Topic

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 November 2015, 01:58
It's The nearest Sunday to the 11th of November so it's time to pay respect if you want.

The first two world wars were Horrific and I believe are brave Men/woman need a shout out every year.

My thoughts go out to family members, The brave soldiers (British and allied) and the innocent victims ....irrelevant of race,colour, creed, Nationality.

"When you go home, tell them of us and say: 'For your tomorrow we gave our today'"

I shall be at the Cenotaph tomorrow with my poppy watching the old warriors taking their more than justified plaudits ...the number gets less and less as time marches on.

Lest we forget

RIP fallen warriors and thank you so so much

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 8 November 2015, 02:02
+1.

- No, in fact =: + everyone in my household.

The Quakers (Goodbye vm) 8 November 2015, 02:15
Well said Paul, a day everyone should pause for a moment and appreciate the sacrifices made so we can live the way we do.

A Z Magma (floki) 8 November 2015, 10:29
R.I.P to all the brave young men who died

A brave and honourable generation sadly now almost gone,respect and love to all of you.

R.I.P to all who fell just been reading about some of the battles of ww1 and I cannot imagine the hell that they saw and experienced.

R.I.P

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 8 November 2015, 10:53
Agree with these sentiments entirely.

Huge debt owed by the many, to the few from all corners of the globe who have given everything to fight on our behalf.

Myself more than most, as without the bravery of those who risked everything, and liberated Mauthausen concentration camp where my Grandfather was interred; from the horrors of the Nazis, I wouldn't be here today.

Only right we should honour the lives, memories, valour and sacrifices made by all those who have fought across both conflicts and beyond, and made such an incomprehensible difference to the world we live in.

Respect and RIP.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 November 2019, 13:29
Once again:

Deepest Respect.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 10 November 2019, 13:31
Indeed