Forums

Miscellaneous

Seb's Banners and Logos tribute topic.

Posted in Banners/logos

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 14 September 2014, 09:50
As nearly all of you will know by now, back in August Seb, ZZ Zjednoczeni Zarow, unexpectedly and tragically passed away at the young age of 38.

To commemorate and celebrate both him and the contribution he has made to the game and more specifically Banners and Logos, where he was the Head Moderator, we have decided to make this topic so you can all have another chance to pay your respects but also enjoy taking a look at some of the magnificent artwork that he has made over many years.

I'm sure you will agree that Seb was a very talented graphic maker, arguably the best these forums have seen, and a lot of us at some point will have had some graphics kindly made for us.

As I said before you can post any of your past encounters and experiences with Seb below and here are a select few little comments from members of the current Moderation team:

Daz, FC Clock Face - "Seb was a truly great guy but was taken so young, will be sadly missed but never forgotten."

John, Johns Army - "Seb was an amazing graphic maker and most of all a really great guy who was willing to help those who needed it... RIP Seb you will be missed.”

Paul, Bolton Wanderers - "Thanks for the memories mate, if it wasn't for people like you, I would have given up a long time ago. A true Gent and absolute star"

Mario, OASC – “Personally I didn't know Seb for too long, only a few months but in that time it was clear to see just what a top guy he was, always very kind and generous and he always wanted to help in any way he could. Seb you will be sorely missed on both the game and back home. RIP Seb, the game and the world has lost a truly wonderful guy.”

Rich, FC Stoke – “Seb...I didn't know you that well, but when we spoke you always had/made time...
Top bloke who will be sadly missed...
I will take a quote from one of my favourite bands/songs the Stereophonic's...
'Life is what you make of it'
It always seems relevant on such sad occasions...”

Ryan, Dinamo Roysth – “I never met Seb in real life, and I've never met any other VM user in real life. However, this game gets under our skin (as we all know too well!) and in the hours and days we devote to it we get to know the other managers in the community well, sometimes as well as we know our friends in the outside world. Having never met Seb, and having not found more opportunities to chat with him about things unrelated to VM (something which I now regret) being told of his death was a very strange experience. I never ever expected to learn of another manager's passing. It is as though, despite how well we sometimes know each other through the game, we forget that the managers we compete with and talk to are real people with real lives like ourselves. I was deeply saddened to hear of Seb's passing and touched that his role as moderator, and his involvement in the game in general, meant so much to him that his wife decided to contact us directly.

Seb was an amazing graphic designer, as his logo portfolio shows. The fact that he took the time to produce so many great designs for VM users shows his generosity and his commitment to the game and its community. This extended to his work as head moderator of the B/L forum and he was a valued and diligent member of the mod team. His passing leavings a void which is hard for us to come to terms with, and which will be extremely difficult to fill.”

What Ryan has said is very true, although we never actually meet any of the managers on this game in real life its still such a massive shock to lose someone that in a sense you did, but didn’t know. It really puts into perspective how fragile life can be.

However, Seb may no longer be with us but he has left us some magnificent graphic work and desgins to marvel and celebrate. Below are just some of the amazing graphics that Seb made during his time on the game and obviously there are many more out there:

Logos -

Banners -

Now as I have said there will be hundreds more out there so if you have had any graphics made for you by Seb or you just happen to find some further back in the forum that haven’t been added please don’t hesitate to post them and I will add them onto the list.

Rest in Peace Seb.

The Forum Moderation team.

Manningham FC (HD) 14 September 2014, 10:18
Great tribute to a great person from what I've heard.

I remember him making your original OASC logo mate, that was exceptional. Don't know where it is at the moment, but you'll probably find it.

Others:

Chelsea Football CF (The Football Empire XI) 14 September 2014, 10:26
Very Good Quality smiley

Manningham FC (HD) 14 September 2014, 10:27

Chelsea Football CF (The Football Empire XI) 14 September 2014, 10:30
Real Quality...
How Many in numbers has he made?

Deleted club 14 September 2014, 11:13
He was such a great graphics makersmiley

Norfolk Enchants FC (Joe) 14 September 2014, 11:16
He made mine...

smiley

Chelsea Football CF (The Football Empire XI) 14 September 2014, 11:17
Wow. Excellent

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 14 September 2014, 22:45
I've added a lot of them in, keep them coming smiley

Deleted club 21 September 2014, 14:19
I also knew him only online but Sebo was a helpful unselfish guy who made a load of timeless beautiful banners and logos for many players and inspired a few players to become banner/logo makers with all his help and tutorials, but to me what was truly amazing and inspiring he used Gimp for his graphics making not Photoshop to make them which in comparison to me is like taking a penalty kick with your hands tied behind your back.
Its nice his work lives on in these pages and will be remembered as a cornerstone in vmans community history as a great graphic artist and teacher