Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible.

Posted in General

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 12 July 2023, 17:21
This is probably heretical thinking here but I find the noob bible to be chock full of information but extremely lacking when it comes to explaining strategies for playing the game.

And the game has changed. I remember when there loads of players online and flipping was easy.

What was the recommended minimum training ground for training for profit and how many millions would it cost? It would take an awful long time to flip your way there in the current game.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 July 2023, 17:38
Perinthos wrote:
I find the noob bible to be chock full of information but extremely lacking when it comes to explaining strategies for playing the game.
That is because the Noob Bible has basically factual information about the game.
Strategies have never been the subject of official posts from VM HQ (to my knowledge).

You can find various different opinions in the General Forum as to how people play the game and what they think are the best formations and tactical instructions, but I believe it is the stated policy of Dennis not to go into exactly what the match sim does and does not calculate in any given match.
I would like more information along those lines too, but, at the end of the day if he specified that let's say the best formation is 5x3x2 for example, and to play all out attack, then everyone would do that and the sim would have then to rely on other things - also not published for us to be able to calculate.

I get his point that to a certain extent we just have to make our own decisions and try different things.
Not every match requires the same line-up and tactics, depending to a large part of course on the opposition!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 12 July 2023, 18:21
Perinthos wrote:
It would take an awful long time to flip your way there in the current game.
I agree that the transfer market seems much much slower than years ago,
I especially miss the frenzy that was Sunday evening after the weekly update of Distinctions.

Having said that, 3 of my best 6 trading weeks (not including home created supers), were in March/April of this year.
And I do still hit my flipping target most weeks smiley
So, it certainly is not a dead duck, yet...

Burger King Whoppers (Ted Lasso) 15 July 2023, 03:38
The Goon Squad wrote:
Are these numbers still accurate to this day?
I just came back today after many years away (only to find out my club was deleted), starting from scratch trying to find my way around the game again.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 15 July 2023, 08:59
Burger King Whoppers wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Are these numbers still accurate to this day?
I just came back today after many years away (only to find out my club was deleted), starting from scratch trying to find my way around the game again.
Like everything else markets fluctuate , however presently 15yr old youths are selling at premium at the top end of the market due to less clubs which means less new players created each week . Saying that like before "back in the day" bargains can be found but carry risks .As for any of the charts regarding this game they are subjective and inaccurate imo .