Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth Team/ Player Mood Idea

Posted in Ideas/development

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 9 March 2020, 15:24
I've seen some people talk about the mood system and the 23-26~ year old players who aren't "good enough" to be played "enough" to keep them happy.

I'm not allowed into the beta yet(crossing fingers and going mad in the meantime smiley ) but I've thought about how the mood system could be changed to make sense both mechanic-wise and thematically.

Could a system where a players mood "drop" would be affected by his skill level compared to the average overall skill of the team?

Say, Martin McMuffin is a 23 year old player, he has 50 skill level overall. The main teams average is 70~ --> his skill level is much lower, so comparatively his required "time spent on the field" would be lowered correspondingly?

I'm afraid I messed up the calculation but in the example the players skill level is, I think, 35% lower than team average, so perhaps, a 35% decrease in required time spent on the field would make sense.

And if we're gonna simulate "diva's" etc. you could make a small modifier unknown to us players which affect how much the decrease in time spent on the field would be affected.

Again I'm not actually participating in the beta (yet!!! I'm still dreaming! ) so that's why I'm posting here.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 March 2020, 15:27
Friendlies and cup matches will improve mood, so there maybe no problem to solve smiley

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 9 March 2020, 15:30
True smiley I just saw someone post again today about it so I thought it wasn't "enough" but now that you mention it, there hasn't gone long enough for it actually to have been felt yet I guess smiley

That said, since I can't speak from my own experience I'm just throwing out ideas based on what I read here on the forum. ^^

I hope the friendly change will balance it out smiley !