Forums

Miscellaneous

changing to another country division

Posted in General

Collective FC (Maxwell Sallas) 6 March 2020, 12:11
hello guys,

im am new here. is it possible to change from Denmark division to some other country? If yes, how can i do this?
thank you.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 6 March 2020, 12:38
There are two answers, one is the easy answer, one more difficult.

The Easy Answer.
You click on the country of the league you want to join and follow the swapping instructions by hitting the button saying "join this country's league tournament" and on Sunday afternoon, you will be switched across to it at the highest available slot available, which typically will be the 3-5th tier. Remember to enter the national cup competition if you want to enter for that week.

The More Difficult Scenario
If your team is competing in the top division of a country league and you want to swap to a different country, as above, the process is the same.

However...some players see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with contacting other top-division players privately by in-game mail and offering to swap divisions at the end of the week's fixtures. In my opinion, and that of many other players, this is simply cheating, is reprehensible, an abuse of the spirit of the game and should be a practice banned completely from this game.

Sadly though, VM sees nothing wrong with it and, as no doubt you will soon see from the inevitable responses which will follow, some vociferous players also disagree. I have listed the arguments many times as to why private-swapping is wrong, but some people just cannot agree or understand why many of us think this way. I can do no more.

Collective FC (Maxwell Sallas) 6 March 2020, 12:42
Dear,

thank you for your answer, of course i will use the simple and easy solution.

Best regards.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 6 March 2020, 16:37
Newcastle U FC wrote:
There are two answers, one is the easy answer, one more difficult.

The Easy Answer.
You click on the country of the league you want to join and follow the swapping instructions by hitting the button saying "join this country's league tournament" and on Sunday afternoon, you will be switched across to it at the highest available slot available, which typically will be the 3-5th tier. Remember to enter the national cup competition if you want to enter for that week.

The More Difficult Scenario
If your team is competing in the top division of a country league and you want to swap to a different country, as above, the process is the same.

However...some players see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with contacting other top-division players privately by in-game mail and offering to swap divisions at the end of the week's fixtures. In my opinion, and that of many other players, this is simply cheating, is reprehensible, an abuse of the spirit of the game and should be a practice banned completely from this game.

Sadly though, VM sees nothing wrong with it and, as no doubt you will soon see from the inevitable responses which will follow, some vociferous players also disagree. I have listed the arguments many times as to why private-swapping is wrong, but some people just cannot agree or understand why many of us think this way. I can do no more.
We have agreed to disagree over this before, but it is good of you to outline the method for others even though you think it unfair.
There is of course never any certainty over doing it that way, - al it takes is for another higher ranking team to be "moving" to that country that week and the agreed swap goes straight down the pan

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 6 March 2020, 18:01
I had a funny/not funny episode with the switching country situation smiley

So I was playing in 2nd division... Germany I think, and moved to the Netherlands.
For the record, I had no business being in 2nd division from a team skill standpoint and had a 0 win season and last spot overall that season smiley

For some reason, when the country swap happened, I was moved to Eresdivisie ... and got smashed yet another season --> I mean, I took the achievment money with a smile but it was still pretty funky smiley

I guess I somehow took the spot from someone trying to trade spots with someone smiley

Since, I moved from Major League Soccer in the USA last season to Spain this season, and ended up in 4th division smiley (Edit: I guess that was last week/season, mindfarted that one. thank god for the weekend...)

Its a wild world.