Forums

Miscellaneous

Advice on where to go next

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 20 October 2019, 15:53
Rhayader Town FC wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
You've not made significant profits from transfers in the last 5+ seasons.
I'd start there...
I make maybe 2M on average each season without relying on stadium or sponsors. Also not paying big wages, so that covers that smiley
How are you making so much in transfers?
Cheers
When I see a player undervalued on the TL I buy him, usually get him half price. Also I look for players with good potential and that are not in their latest week before aging. With a bit of specialized training he increases even more in value and always have the players transfer listed. Also training central defenders is a way to make cash quick but lately I have had not so much success I guess more and more are doing it and my prices are higher so nothing was sold for 2 weeks or so. But eventually they will get higher valuation, hopefully today ans I will sell some to upgrade the training facilities.

Final Whistle (join) 20 October 2019, 18:43
I would also advise you to better distribute the training on the more relevant skill as some of the skills are useless:
Leadership except for the captain, set pieces I guess, perseverente is also not that important for skill rating, and the physical are overtrained IMHO in your players you would get better valuation from lower speed/acceleration/stamina and more on the tech iCal ones : pass, finish, tackling ball control/dribbling.

nooges fc (ash) 20 October 2019, 19:18
Yeah tbh I don’t think the stats are too off what they should be maybe slightly higher than most but I see what your saying

nooges fc (ash) 20 October 2019, 19:20
Yeah tbh I don’t think the stats are too off what they should be maybe slightly higher than most but I see what your saying

Final Whistle (join) 21 October 2019, 11:15
The thing is that all the small tweeks are compounding in effect.

Take the training, given the distribution of skills in player's rating:
(using Vinny's manager profile as a refference for the info)
https://www.virtualmanager.com/managers/911088
Defender:
Tackling 40,54%
Speed 16,89%
Acceleration 16,89%
Passing 6,76%
Dribbling 3,38%
Stamina 3,38%
Perseverance 3,38%
Leadership 3,38%
Set pieces 3,38%
Finishing 2,03%

Forward:
Finishing 30,03%
Dribbling 24,02%
Speed 15,02%
Acceleration 15,02%
Passing 3%
Perseverance 3%
Leadership 3%
Set pieces 3%
Stamina 2,4%
Tackling 1,5%

Midfielder:
Passing 22,58%
Dribbling 19,35%
Stamina 16,13%
Finishing 12,90%
Speed 9,68%
Perseverance 6,45%
Tackling 3,23%
Acceleration 3,23%
Set pieces 3,23%
Leadership 3,23%

You can clearly see that the skills worth under 10% are clearly not worth training as it would take 3-4 more time to increase the player's rating .
The only advantage to train them is when the main skills are so high that the loss in training due to the 15% overtraining rule applies.
Take this player:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/12961664-szczesny-kosowski
from simulation on training he should be rated 64 at 28 yo and training between Defensive, Pig in the middle and Interval Training only with more focus on Tackling and physical.

Something like this player, if you remove some Leadership and Perseverence which would not have a big impact on rating:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/12951652-rafael-tomas-insua
And from what I see there is a 76% increase in player valuation (which in part is also due to higher potential but at that age I doubt it's that much, and a bit more higher total abilities). But multiply this effect over 25 players and the difference is quite big.
It is why I stopped training for performance and train only for rating and "step trading". I find it is worth at least 50% more, and which allows me to get better return on the short term, which was needed to upgrade frequently the training facilities. I plan on going on at least untill Proffesional training facilities and then reconsider, depending on when the Youth teams kick in.
Hopefully I'll get there before that happens but it will be tricky