Forums

Miscellaneous

Advice on where to go next

Posted in General

nooges fc (ash) 18 October 2019, 00:03
Hi guys I’m after some advice my team is currently A bit stuck in currently sit mid table div 3 and I’m going nowhere fast, and having been working on stadium upgrades and upgrading my train facilities not so long ago, so I don’t have crazy funds and my first team is growing in age,should I sell up and rebuild? change leagues? What would you do in my position? Any advice would be greatly appreciatedsmiley)

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 18 October 2019, 01:36
Forget upgrading the stadium right now IMO. I don't upgrade my stadium until it consistently sells out at 8c per ticket.

You absolutely should start training players with ETF and putting them on the transfer list. That is how I made it to WCTF so fast (with some advice from others here). You have only 1 player on the transfer list. Your not going to really make much until you start working that angle.

Hope that helps.

nooges fc (ash) 18 October 2019, 02:10
Yeah? Well I’m going to up the prices to 8 it’s on 7 now and I sell out 9/10 seems logical, you think I should abandon league pushing and just flip players instead ? So sell up buy all young and go from there or keep the current first 11 and just flip everything else ? Cheers for your reply!

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 18 October 2019, 18:51
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Forget upgrading the stadium right now IMO. I don't upgrade my stadium until it consistently sells out at 8c per ticket.

You absolutely should start training players with ETF and putting them on the transfer list. That is how I made it to WCTF so fast (with some advice from others here). You have only 1 player on the transfer list. Your not going to really make much until you start working that angle.

Hope that helps.
Agree with this. It's only worth upgrading your stadium when it is selling out on the highest ticket price, otherwise your money can be better invested in training up youth or flipping players.

Final Whistle (join) 18 October 2019, 20:34
You've not made significant profits from transfers in the last 5+ seasons.
I'd start there...
I make maybe 2M on average each season without relying on stadium or sponsors. Also not paying big wages, so that covers that smiley

Rhayader Town FC (Lance Jones) 19 October 2019, 23:58
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

Hope that helps.
What does ETF and WCTF mean?

Rhayader Town FC (Lance Jones) 19 October 2019, 23:59
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I'd start there...
I make maybe 2M on average each season without relying on stadium or sponsors. Also not paying big wages, so that covers that smiley
How are you making so much in transfers?
Cheers

The Goon Squad (Very) 20 October 2019, 10:45
nooges fc wrote:
Yeah? Well I’m going to up the prices to 8 it’s on 7 now and I sell out 9/10 seems logical, you think I should abandon league pushing and just flip players instead ? So sell up buy all young and go from there or keep the current first 11 and just flip everything else ? Cheers for your reply!
I say yes do this, half of there managers have over taken me from listening to my advice smiley

(maybe I should listen to myself I'd be number one already)

The Goon Squad (Very) 20 October 2019, 10:54
Rhayader Town FC wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

Hope that helps.
What does ETF and WCTF mean?
ETF = expanded training facility
WCTF = world-class training facility

Look here https://www.virtualmanager.com/training/upgrades
Rhayader Town FC wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I'd start there...
How are you making so much in transfers?
Cheers
2m a week is great, I not knocking him, he's a great manager, grasped the game very well, when I had time on the game a few month ago I was making 5-15m a week easy, well that was without "Friends" out bidding me or bumping bids, I just don't got the time right now, Adrian and Copper Ridge are good guys who really know there stuff. If I was struggling and unsure where to turn I'd take there advice.

Edit: I realise I'm not responding to the Op but seems this guy might need a liitle help to build his foundations

nooges fc (ash) 20 October 2019, 11:08
Cheers boys! Think I’ll wait till the end of the season and see what’s the most logical from advice I’ve received