Forums

Miscellaneous

A League Rotation Idea

Posted in General

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 10 October 2019, 16:41
Hey guys,

I was just thinking about how the world is big, but we're not enough players to inhabit all the countries and have a healthy competitive environment.

But I was also thinking its a shame, and that perhaps picking a few countries who entered into a Rotation-system which would mean, closing, lets use an example of Scotland. Scotland(just an example don't shoot me scottish people smiley ) would close for 6 months, and perhaps, China would open for 6 months.

This way there'd be new milestones to hunt for the players, and maybe shake stuff up a little.

Obviously personally I'd love to play exclusively in a Japanese league - but in general I think the idea has merit on a gameplay-level :-)

Maybe have 3 "rotation" spots, and let them rotate every 3rd, or sixth month to another closed country.

I don't know how feasible this might be - and I know alot of you oldtimers will cough and sputter since it'd change the status quo and change is very dangerous. (joking smiley )

But well - now its out there :-)
Have a great day everyone!

EDIT/Addition:
I just had a thought - maybe just take the population playing the rotation league, and move them all to the new country by default --> everyone would then be placed in 4th league in the new country, this way there'd be competition of who got to the top, and if everyone is in 4th league, alot will move up, and compete in 3rd league - so on and so forth. ( it'd work out perfectly with a One month rotation with this system, it'd be a race to the top! - ofc, not advancing one season would mean you would almost surely lose the first to firstplace in 1st league race.. hmh.. Maybe one month is too short.)

it could be kinda cool to have a few leagues that worked like that, and then there'd be a "season reset" where everyone would start "fresh-ish" and fight once again to grab the trophy :-)

Maybe the developers could make a "season XX-2019 First club to Win XX-country" milestone, so it'd be kinda unique smiley

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 October 2019, 18:02
League rotations has been a topic within the crew, and I think the idea is alive with the developers as well.

So ideas of how it could work is welcome smiley

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 10 October 2019, 19:27
That's awesome to hear!! smiley
Hmh, beyond the stuff I posted in the end of the topic-post I'm out of ideas.
I'll keep it in mind and think of alternatives :-)

Frankfurt Friends (Tele Vision) 10 October 2019, 20:02
I think that (almost) every country should have a league system, like in TrophyManager. Its weird that there is only about 15 countries with own leagues

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 10 October 2019, 20:06
Ideally I'd agree smiley

We just dont have a big enough playerbase to support that, is my understanding of it anyway.

If every country had a league, there'd maybe be 2 tiers per country with active players at the most.

.... But to be honest, I'd vote "yes" if the community was asked if we wanted all countries to have leagues smiley Atleast, I'd want to give it a try. I just think it'd be negative overall and it'd suck if we lost players if such a change was made.

I want to play in Japan ^^ I'll vote yes for any idea that'd let me do that ^^

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 10 October 2019, 21:00
He's simply suggesting renaming Scotland, Japan and changing flag

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 10 October 2019, 21:23
Understated Excellence wrote:
These Brexit plans are getting out of hand.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 October 2019, 22:38
smiley smiley smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 October 2019, 22:43
Bayern Munich wrote:
These Brexit plans are getting out of hand.
Ha Ha Ha. Good one smiley

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 10 October 2019, 23:37
Hahahaha! smiley I guess you saw right through me!