Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth Team Hypey/Grumpy

Posted in General

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 13 August 2019, 15:02
I can't wait till we get youth teams smiley !
In fact, I haven't been able to contain my hype for youth teams since I pretty much started playing. That's ~1½ year(s) for context smiley

Anyone else hyped on the announced "update" to come? smiley
Having getting rid of the old system/code language and now only being on one for everything seems promising on when we can actually get our hands on those Youth Teams smiley

But it felt close back then too. My inner grumpy pessimist tells me we'll have to wait another 1½ years.... But.. I want it to be great, so heres to hoping its close by smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 13 August 2019, 20:45
It comes when it comes, every big change like this over the years has killed the game slowly, these forums used to be thriving, the game 8 years ago was loads better, so I'm sceptical about this charge I really don't was to lose more good managers I've got to know over the years

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 13 August 2019, 21:56
Isnt this more like an Addition rather than a change though?

I mean, it just lets you train youths more efficiently in broad strokes smiley
- and lets you prepare your next generation A-team in advance smiley

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 13 August 2019, 21:58
the biggest "issue" I can spot is newer/weaker managers/clubs A-Teams who get smashed by the older/richer managers/clubs youth teams smiley

But overall I think it's gonna improve competition in the lower leagues rather than demoralize newer players.

The Goon Squad (Very) 13 August 2019, 22:24
Very good points, I wish I knew now when it was coming now, I'd build my youth squad team a week before, I can just about afford to, all be it with a weaker first team

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 13 August 2019, 22:32
The Goon Squad wrote:
It comes when it comes, every big change like this over the years has killed the game slowly, these forums used to be thriving, the game 8 years ago was loads better, so I'm sceptical about this charge I really don't was to lose more good managers I've got to know over the years
I am 100% in agreement. It takes a real investment in one's time to figure out the nuances of VM and become good at it. I have this fear that everything could be thrown completely out of wack when the youth squads roll out.

I am giving some serious consideration to selling off all my players, just before the youth squads become active. Then, I will sit on the sidelines for a while after the release until things stabilize.

The Goon Squad (Very) 13 August 2019, 22:34
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
I am 100% in agreement. It takes a real investment in one's time to figure out the nuances of VM and become good at it. I have this fear that everything could be thrown completely out of wack when the youth squads roll out.

I am giving some serious consideration to selling off all my players, just before the youth squads become active. Then, I will sit on the sidelines for a while after the release until things stabilize.
Better still, just buy a team of adults, and sit on the sidelines being in some kinda revenue while it stabilize

Final Whistle (join) 20 August 2019, 23:51
The Goon Squad wrote:
Very good points, I wish I knew now when it was coming now, I'd build my youth squad team a week before, I can just about afford to, all be it with a weaker first team
I think its really soon as I can already see some of the changes deployed, maybe by mistake?
But if I go to my league, click on my club name and go to players i see buttons to move to the youth teams for my players:

https://www.virtualmanager.com/clubs/1284162/players

just replace the ID with your clubs ID and check it out....

The Goon Squad (Very) 21 August 2019, 12:31
damm ive never seen that before